Sunday, December 23, 2007

Moo ey Christmas


Is my son ignorant, brave, stupid or am I? He loves cows and I found him at 2 years old in the hay shed talking to the cows he'd let in. I was freaked out because he could have been trampled to death, because poppy should have been looking after him, because my instinct made me rush down to the cattle yards like a mad woman, because my instincts were right and he WAS in danger. Dad was in the race with another mad woman treating her for pinkeye. They all thought son was okay because he was on the other side of the fence, but they forgot that they were letting the cows out of the race onto the OTHER SIDE of the fence. hello?

This is said son in yet another paddock full of cows. oblivious. good farm kid. bad mummy.

The end of the story - my son just walked right on by that big brutey bull and didn't blink an eyelid, neither did the bull. However. when the other kids walked by... the big brutey bull got all funny and blinked at them. They screamed and ran. city kids. tut.

M

1 Comments:

Blogger Manon Keir said...

OMG that must have been frightening, for you that is.. Jack seemed to be quite happy!
We need to catch up again girlie.
Happy new year to you and your family!!
xx

1:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home