Thursday, December 13, 2007

a gift

After Charlie died the hospital put me into counselling and I had a last counselling session with my counsellor this week before she takes 6 months off. As usual it was gut wrenching because she made me get to the point. It's really hard to go back to work after a session - I usually get comments like "are you okay?"..no. But I really liked her and she was warm and comforting and made me feel calm again. She told me at the end of the session that she had a gift for me because she felt we were connected in a few ways... she lost her baby, so did I. She lost her mum, so did I. She buried her mum when I buried my son... She thought I would appreciate her gift because when Charlie died my sister gave me a butterfly brooch to wear in memory of him. I couldn't step out of my bedroom without that brooch pinned to my chest. If I did I broke down. I love that butterfly.
So she gave me a gift. A piece of blown glass from her mother's estate. It's clear, a tear shape, and has red pieces blown inside it. I love that piece of glass.

I have never received anything as beautiful as that butterfly and that piece of glass.

Thank you.

M

3 Comments:

Blogger The Park Wife said...

HOw about a picture of the blown glass? How is your graden coming?

10:45 am  
Blogger Manon Keir said...

Thanks for sharing that Margaret!!

Hope you have a beautiful Christmas love. xx

10:29 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Margaret just found your site from PW your in my part of the world. Cool. Sorry about your loss it's hard I know. Keep your chin up and take comfort from the one in your live whom you love and who love you. Have a great Chrissy. At least your expecting a cooler day than from where I am. Now I'm off to read your blog. Angie from oz

9:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home